Audio / COmposition
Commissions / Recordings
With a wealth of musical understanding, Lostbeat Audio provides a full audio design specific to your artistic requirements. Our experience in a range of areas from theatre performance to games and films allows us to create, edit and mix the perfect audio for your project, adding that extra critical dimension. From composition, through to recording and post-production, Lostbeat Audio will ensure you have a polished, professional result, whatever your requirements.
- 2019 Short film composition for Les Alchimistes Theatre. Brussels
- 2018 Orchestration/production for part of EXIT festival (Serbia)
- 2018 Original theatre music and sound for Les Alchimistes: “Le Roi se meurt“
- 2016 Composition/production for hiphop band ESESE – performed at Laneway festival.
- 2015 “Ascent of Orpheus” exhibition at Bargello National Museum (Florence Italy) Music composition, production with Matt Nicholson, flute sax and clarinet. Collaboration with Matt Nicholson of Invisible Audio.
- 2015 Tour to Thailand with electronic group Stray Nation
- 2015 Commission/DJ performance – White night Melbourne ‘The Beatbox Project’
- 2014 Impedance EP launch @ Hexasonic Festival at the Arts Center Melbourne
- 2013 Composer/Conductor for “Hungry Man” short film. (Premiered Melbourne International Film Festival 2013, Won ‘Made in Melbourne’ Film Award)
- 2013 Numerous Commissions for White night Melbourne Festival and Melbourne Fringe Festival – with ‘Dig collective’, ‘The BeatBox’ project, and ‘Honeycreepers Theatre’
- 2013 “Pandoras Box” -Interactive electronic commission for Forest Collective
- 2011 – ‘Bridget Mackey & Lonely Company’ – Endangered Species
- Australian International Opera Company – ‘Broadway’ China tour 2015.
- Royal Melbourne Philharmonic Orchestra China Tour 2013-2014
- Performed with International Artists as part of the Melbourne International Jazz festival – Mauricio Carrilho (Brazil), Debasis Chakroborty (India), John Abercrombie (USA), Roberta Valente (Brazil) (2008-11)
- 2011 Recorded on Jazz Head records with New York Saxophonist George Garzone
- 2009 Game composition commissioned by NSW Government Workcover and Finpa Media–(“Hazard a Guess” – online learning game)
“Lostbeat Audio was extremely professional and took on all comments in a positive manner, working well with the given brief and finding a sound that suited the game almost immediately. It was a pleasure working with you.”
Renae Taylor – WorkCover NSW. online learning game- ‘Hazard A Guess’
“Robbie James’ (Lostbeat Audio) outstanding sound design heightens the claustrophobia of the situation with the clowns’ jeering, genuinely chilling laughter.”
Mileta Rien. Sound design in Endangered Species (a play by Bridget Mackey)